OFFICIAL RULES: Meijer Customer Survey Monthly Sweepstakes Drawing
Meijer Customer Survey Monthly Sweepstakes
AMENDED OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Meijer Customer Survey Monthly Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) began on January 1, 2007 under the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes. Effective April 15, 2013, the Sweepstakes Official Rules are amended by and replaced with these Amended Official Rules. The Official Rules, Amended March 12, 2013 will apply to any entries received prior to April 15, 2013.
1. HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 A.M. EDT on January 1, 2007 and ends at 11:59 P.M. EST on December 31, 2013, (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Enter one of three ways: (i) Non-Pharmacy Survey Entries: During the Sweepstakes Period, cash register receipts for purchases of non-pharmacy products in excess of $10 from Meijer locations other than store #49 in Newark, Ohio will offer the customer the opportunity to take a customer satisfaction survey (the “POS Survey”) by visiting www.meijer.com/tellmeijer or calling 1-800-394-7198; customers must provide the User ID and Password provided on the receipt as instructed during the POS Survey; all customers who fully complete the POS Survey and are otherwise eligible under these rules will automatically be entered into the drawing described below. User ID and Password are valid for seventy-two (72) hours from the time the receipt is printed and can only be used to complete the POS Survey one time; if the POS Survey is not completed within 72 hours or completed twice with the same User ID and Password, the customer will not be eligible for this Sweepstakes. (ii) Pharmacy Survey Entries: During the Sweepstakes Period, cash register receipts for prescription purchases from Meijer Pharmacy cash registers, other than Store #49 in Newark, Ohio, will offer the pharmacy customer the opportunity to take a customer satisfaction survey (the “Pharmacy Survey”) by visiting www.meijer.com/tellmeijerrx or calling 1-800-308-7528; pharmacy customers must provide the User ID and Password provided on their pharmacy receipt as instructed during the Pharmacy Survey; all pharmacy customers who fully complete the Pharmacy Survey and are otherwise eligible under these rules will automatically be entered into the drawing described below. User ID and Password are valid for seventy-two (72) hours from the time the receipt is printed and can only be used to complete the Pharmacy Survey one time; if the Pharmacy Survey is not completed within 72 hours or completed twice with the same User ID and Password, the pharmacy customer will not be eligible for this Sweepstakes. (iii) Entry Without Purchase: to enter without making a purchase or completing a survey, hand print your First Name, Last Name, complete address, daytime phone number including area code, email address, and the location of the Meijer Store you might normally shop at, on a 3”x5” paper. Mail in the entry to “Meijer, Attn: Customer Contact Center, 2727 Walker Ave., N.W., Grand Rapids, MI 49544; entries must be postmarked no later than 3 days following the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period. Each mail-in entry must be mailed separately in a hand-addressed, stamped envelope. No photocopied or mechanically produced entries will be accepted. Entering the Sweepstakes does not make you an automatic winner. Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, entries, which will be disqualified.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry other than residents of the states of New York, Florida and Rhode Island, Employees of Meijer and its parent, related, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives or agencies, and their immediate families or persons residing in the same household of such employees, (collectively “Sponsor & Others”) and other individuals/entities associated with this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or win. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. PRIZE, ODDS OF WINNING PRIZE and APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): The Prizes for this sweepstakes consist of seventy-two (72) $1000 in Meijer gift cards (each a “Monthly Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”), Individual ARV: $1000. Total ARV for all Prizes is $72,000. All other costs associated with the Prizes not specified or mentioned and all applicable federal state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The Prizes may not be used to make any pharmacy purchase and must otherwise be used in compliance with their terms and conditions as stated at meijer.com/content/content_leftnav_manual.jsp?pageName=giftcard_terms. No Prize substitution or cash equivalent of Prize, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and then only for a Prize of equal or greater value. The Sponsor & Others make no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of the Prizes including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
4. DRAWING: Promptly after the conclusion of each calendar month during the Sweepstakes Period (each a “Drawing Period”), Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from all eligible entries received by Sponsor during that the applicable Drawing Period to select a selected entrant. Any entries not selected in a Drawing Period drawing will NOT be entered in subsequent drawings. The first Drawing Period will begin on the first date of the Sweepstakes Period and the Drawing Periods will run consecutively during the Sweepstakes Period with the final Drawing Period to conclude on the last day of the Sweepstakes Period. The selected entrant will be promptly notified by Meijer after the drawing; if the selected entrant timely completes the required documentation and otherwise meets the eligibility requirements under these Official Rules, they will be declared the winner and receive the Prize for the Drawing Period. Limit one (1) Prize per person and per household. Each selected entrant will be required to sign and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance (including, without limitation, providing his/her respective Social Security Number for tax purposes) and a Liability/Publicity Release, as allowed by state law, by the return date specified in the Prize notification letter. Additionally, the winner will receive an I.R.S. Form 1099 in the amount of the actual value of the Prize, as required by law for tax reporting purposes. If any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, mail is returned to Sponsor, or the selected entrant is otherwise ineligible under these Official Rules, Sponsor will have the right to select an alternate winner.
5. RELEASE: All entrants agree to release the Sponsor & Others from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses of any kind to persons and property, including any accident, loss, injury or death resulting from entry into the sweepstakes and/or occurring or in any way related to the Prizes.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Entrant agrees that Sponsor & Others are not responsible or liable for and entrant hereby releases Sponsor & Others from any claims arising from: (1) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer, network, hardware or software; (3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (5) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or from downloading any material from Sponsor’s or Promoter’s Website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by any Sponsor, Promoter, or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to a Sponsor’s or Promoter’s Website by a hypertext link.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO WIN A PRIZE. Entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access provider, Online Service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud, use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, substitute prizes, amend the rules, or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time with or without notice; such changes will apply to all entries received prior to or after the change. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS AND PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Once submitted, entries become the exclusive property of the sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The winners, in accepting their Prizes, consent to the use of their names, addresses (city, state), photographs and likenesses for purposes of advertising, trade and promoting in any and all media on behalf of the Sponsor, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. If you have entered online and you would like your e-mail address removed from the Sponsor’s e-mail list, go to meijer.com/user/unsubscribe.jsp and click on “Unsubscribe”. Please allow up to 10 days to be removed.
9. GOVERNING LAW & VENUE: The courts in Kent County, Michigan will have sole jurisdiction of any controversies regarding the Sweepstakes and the laws of the state of Michigan shall govern without regard to choice of law provisions. Each entrant waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and hereby irrevocably submits to the venue of those courts within Kent County, Michigan.
10. WINNERS LIST: A Winners list is posted at http://community.meijer.com/blogs/epanel/
11. PROMOTER/SPONSOR: Meijer, Inc., 2929 Walker Grand Rapids MI 49544